- Professor Klara Nahrstedt: Principle Investigator
- Professor Suleyman Uludag: Visiting Scholar
- Professor King-Shan Liu: Visiting Scholar
- Rehana Tabassum: Masters Candidate
- Haiming Jin: Ph.D. Candidate
- Wenyu Ren: Ph.D. Student
Deployment of data generation devices, such as sensors and smart meters, has been accelerating towards the vision of Smart Grid. With insufficiencies of the legacy power grid communications protocols, increased data generation and communications bring about new challenges in collecting the data securely, efficiently and in a scalable fashion. Power operators are increasingly concerned about the data collection and processing to ensure smooth and effective operations.
In this project our goal is to investigate a robust, scalable and automated password-changing protocol framework as well as a secure, and scalable data communications protocol for Smart Grid data collection.
- Tabassum, R.; Nahrstedt, K.; Rogers, E.; King-Shan Lui, SCAPACH: Scalable Password-Changing Protocol for Smart Grid Device Authentication, 22nd International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN), 2013
- Dan, G.; King-Shan Lui; Tabassum, R.; Quanyan Zhu; Nahrstedt, K., SELINDA: A secure, scalable and light-weight data collection protocol for smart grids, IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), 2013
- Haiming Jin, Suleyman Uludag, King-Shan Lui, Klara Nahrstedt, Secure Data Collection in Constrained Tree-Based Smart Grid Environments, IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), 2014
- Uludag, Suleyman; Lui, King-Shan; Ren, Wenyu; Nahrstedt, Klara, Practical and secure Machine-to-Machine data collection protocol in Smart Grid, IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS), 2014